Special Olympics Mayflower 400 Commemorative Games 2020
As part of Plymouth’s Mayflower 400 Celebrations, Plymouth Special Olympics are hosting an international sports event showcasing learning disability. The Special Olympics Mayflower 400 Commemorative Games 2020 will raise people’s awareness of learning disabilities sport and how active participation can change peoples lives. Sport is an incredibly effective way of promoting physical and emotional health. Plymouth Special Olympics, are in a unique position of improving the health and equality of people with learning disabilities.
Like most charities, SOPD is using crowdfunding to make this project a reality. Can you pledge your support for this unique sporting event? If you can please visit the Plymouth Special Olympics Crowdfunding Page
Your pledge will:
- Help towards the venue costs of Life Centre, Nuffield (Devonshire), Plymouth College and the Manadon Community Hub
- Competition officials, volunteer training and providing the medals.
- Promote the abilities of people with learning disabilities
- Reduce isolation so often experienced by many people with learning disabilities.
- Provide a forum for developing greater awareness and lasting relationships between people with and without a disability.
- Improve health and well-being, social skills, and friendships with other athletes
- Actively promote inclusion.
- Change Lives